Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Friday, March 4, 2011

Orc Boar Chariot #1 painted

Speaking of Boar Chariots, here is one of mine that I completed yesterday. I really feel that kit bashing together the boars from the Boar Boyz along with their orc heads from the same kit, to the older boar chariot kit makes for a lot better looking chariot.

As you can see I took my own advice and have added an additional orc crew to the model. Since it's next to impossible to fit him into the chariot, I decided to model him as climbing over the boars in order to pull out a few of the arrows that have stuck to the side of one of the brutes (it takes more than a few elven arrows to fell one of these beasts!)

I might have to give the metal another wash, as the chainmail highlights really stand out in this picture. Is this the sign of a dirty-looking model when the metal looks this bright without me even using Mithril Silver for it? Either way, I've got the second chariot ready as well, but will post that at a later time. Until then, let me know what you think of this one.