Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Thursday, March 15, 2012

2400 pts O&G for Swedish Championship

It's been a long time coming, but Troll Tales is finally back. If you've missed reading it, trust me when I say I've missed Warhammer even more. Things have finally slowed down a little bit with grad school, enough to at least take the time for hobby blogging.

With the semester break coming up in April, I've been preparing an army list for the next Fantasia Fanatic tournament on the 28th of April. It will be for the Swedish championship, with the latest ETC rules at 2400 points.

A drop from 2500 points means there is no possibility of including a Warboss on Wyvern and a Savage Orc Great Shaman, which presents an interesting dilemma. Do I get an infantry Warboss for killing, or tanking, or do I stick with a Shaman as my General, despite running Trolls, and field all three of my special choices (Trolls, Squig Herd and Black Orcs) for the additional points? For now, I think I'll try a Shaman-lead army.

Savage Orc Great Shaman
Level 4, Shrunken Heads, Fencer's Blades, Obsidian Trinket

Black Orc Big Boss
Battle Standard Bearer, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 1, Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Shaman 
Level 1, Channeling Staff, Dragonbane Gem

27 Savage Orc Big 'Uns
Additional Handweapons, Full Command 

50 Night Goblins
Standard Bearer, Musician, 1 Fanatic

5 Goblin Wolf Riders
Shortbows, Shields, Musician

3 Goblin Wolf Chariots

21 Black Orcs
Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame

40 Squig Herd
30 Squigs, 10 Herders

8 Trolls

1 Troll

Goblin Rock Lobber

Goblin Doom Diver

Mangler Squig


Alright, so let's try this game. Using your own preferred army (at 2400 points), how would you go about beating my army? What are the weaknesses of this army and how you would exploit it? Let's hear it!